5 Proven steps to follow while hiring a developer
Before going to the steps involved in the effective hiring of a developer, let me first explain how can a developer be hired.
There are three proven ways to hire a developer,
- Freelance developer (Technically skilled person hired through Upwork, Fiverr, Toptal, etc)
- An in-house developer (Permanent employee of a company)
- Outsource team (Third-party service providers)
All these three options have their pros and cons. A freelancer will be highly skilled but there’s no guarantee whether he will complete the project with full commitment.
An In-house developer may fulfill your App development needs but it is relatively costly compared to both options. So, this leads us to choose the last one which is hiring a developer or team from a technical or App development company.
A third-party service provider acts as a hybrid version of freelance developer and In-house developer. This helps to acquire pros of both the options.
Steps to follow while hiring a developer
There is n number of Apps in the market, to stand out from the crowd and be unique, hiring a good developer is vital. You may get stuck in the hiring process as many companies claim themselves to be the best.
There are many factors you should consider before hiring a developer to avoid wasting your hard-earned money and time. Hence, I have listed out five helpful steps to follow while hiring a developer,
- Examine the Apps developer’s portfolio — By analyzing past working experience and portfolio, you can easily decide if the developer will prove to be the perfect fit. Moreover, I would not advise you to go for a newbie who has zero working knowledge.
- Check testimonials — Evaluating testimonials is a great way to know the developer’s skills and commitment towards work provided it is legitimate and true.
- Discover what technologies they use — The main purpose of creating an App is to bring the ‘wow’ effect. This can only be achieved by using the new technologies. So, check if the developers are updated on the latest trends.
- Have an easy and quick Communication channel — Use an effortless channel to communicate with your developer. Any gap may result in misunderstanding or delay in development.
- Select a working model — Discuss the scope of work and timeframes on which a task needs to be completed. This will help in a smooth development process without any confusion.
These steps will be useful to hire an excellent developer. Besides, if you are eager to know a more detailed hiring process, check out these crucial steps to follow and hire a developer.